A growing number of cyclists are wanting to expand their horizons and experience cycle tours & races in other countries – and Cyprus, an ex-British colony, full member of the EU and not part of Greece, has not only a variety of tours / challenges available, but offers the perfect weather for cycling.
The island is located in the Eastern part of The Med and the climate offers a wonderful combination of sea, beaches and mountains plus all of the exciting challenges that are a must in any avid cyclist’s diary.
Having one of the mildest climates in Europe, temperatures in Cyprus range between 15°C and 25°C between October and April; and the strong headwinds that are an irritation to cyclists are rare here.
Cyprus combines attractive beaches with pine-clad peaks, busy modern cities and tranquil old stone villages, vineyards and olive groves and ancient ruins. The short distances mean that there are rapid changes of terrain and a variety of different road surfaces over short distances.
What’s coming up in 2017
Cyprus Sunshine Cup: 23 – 26 Feb
This is one of the most famous Mountain bike challenges in the UCI calendar and takes places over 4 days.
Volkswagen Cyprus Cycling Tour 24 – 25 March
There are three stages for the 3 days tour; and the total distance is 247.4 kms, of which 191 km is timed.
Paphos Triathlon: 23 April 2017
The swimming distance is 1,5km; the cycle lap is 20km (the sprint distance is 1 lap and the Olympic distance is 2 laps); and the running distance 2,5km (sprint distances is 2 laps and Olympic distance is 4 laps).
YOUR PLAN B IN CYPRUS
Not only does Cyprus offer a plethora of outdoor activities, but currently has THE BEST permanent residency programme on offer where THREE generations of the same family all secure permanent residency FOR LIFE through the purchase of a single property!
This means that the main applicant, the spouse, all dependent children up to the age of 25, PLUS both the parents & the parents-in-law each secure permanent residency permits FOR LIFE by buying one property. No other country in Europe offers this!
And their 2nd citizenship through investment programme is acknowledged as the best on offer because it is the quickest programme in Europe (passports are issued in 3 months); and dependent children up to the age of 28 also qualify!
In Cyprus, not only is there no inheritance tax applicable, but the cost of living and the property ownership costs are a fraction of what we pay in South Africa. Being voted THE SAFEST country in the world with a population of under 5Million investing in Cyprus is a good option.
There are a number of other reasons why Cyprus is so appealing
1. No language barrier: Cyprus is an ex-British colony, so everyone speaks English. The road signs are in English, your telephone accounts and municipality rates accounts are in English; and you feel right at home.
2. Strong economy: Cyprus’ economy is booming with increased foreign investment pouring into the country. They are on a massive infrastructural drive building new marinas, a casino and new golf courses. And Paphos (the province on the West of the island similar to the Western Cape) is The Capital of Culture for 2017. They are expecting more than 1,6Million additional tourists coming to Paphos alone next year.
3. Politically stable: Cyprus is a democratically elected government and has a president with a zero tolerance on bribery and corruption.
4. Incredible lifestyle: You have every modern convenience coupled with incredible outdoor living, a plethora of outdoor activities and loads to do. Being on the cusp of The Med means travelling across to Europe and the UK quick and cheap.
5. Culture like RSA: With gorgeous outdoor walks, nature reserves, golf estates and open spaces – you will feel right at home. There are plenty of expats who have moved to Cyprus to make it their new home.
6. Very advantageous tax benefits:
a. NO inheritance tax (death tax)!
b. NO capital gains tax on any property purchased by 31 Dec 2016!
c. Very low personal tax: the first €19,500 of your worldwide income (including pension income) is exempt from personal tax.
d. Very low municipal rates: it is 75% cheaper than South Africa.
7. English-speaking universities: On offer is a Medical School faculty (from Oxford University), a variety of post and undergrad degrees; and a host of colleges. You can secure your child’s future by educating them in Cyprus!
Cyprus represents an excellent Plan B investment destination and the property prices are affordable. The choice of where to buy is very personal and the type of property depends on your lifestyle requirements, budget and long term plans. With an impressive portfolio of over 330 completed projects, every style and location of property is available from seafront and hillside villas to beachfront apartments and townhouse complexes. We will find you your ideal home!
Cypriot Realty is a pioneer in actively and consistently promoting the property opportunities primarily in Cyprus. They have successful been doing this from their Cape Town and Sandton offices since 2008.
As a result, the company is recognised and respected as Southern Africa’s authoritative investment specialists for promoting Cyprus as an ideal destination for acquiring permanent residency/citizenship, property investment & immigration/retirement.
Contact us for a confidential meeting to discuss how Europe can fit in with your family’s plans – we will assist and guide you every step of the way to realise Your Plan B.