Escape to magical Greyton for a winter weekend of mountain biking during the Greyt Escape from 15-17 June 2018. The event showcases the amazing riding on offer in the Riviersonderend Mountains and provides the perfect excuse for a long weekend away in a peaceful country village.
All three stages feature iconic singletracks and fabled climbs, but while the routes are undoubtedly tough they are not unduly so – with the distances kept to below 65 kilometres on each stage and with no more than 1 250 metres of climbing on any day.
The race also boasts an e-bike category for the riders who want to experience Greyton’s mountain biking to the fullest without having to suffer up the climbs like UFO, Maermanskloof, the Bakenskop Cobra, Davey’s Sprocket and Rocky Horror.
Off the bike the treats of Greyton await. With accommodation options left up to the riders’ discretion the bed and breakfasts of Greyton are sure to be bursting at the seams. For a comprehensive list of all the options visit www.greytontourism.com
For the riders who choose to spend their time dining in the race village the festive atmosphere of Greyton is sure to take the edge off the riding. The Greyt Escape epitomises the stage race experience, catching up with old friends and making new ones over the shared love of the great outdoors and the amazing sport of mountain biking.
1 Day entry – R850
The 1 day entry fee include: Entry Fee, Goody Bag, Lunch at Oak & Vigne, bottle of Wine for each rider
2 Day entry
“Life and particularly work can get really hectic, so to help you take a well-deserved winter break from the big city – and spend time on your bike in idyllic Greyton – we’ve created a two day package for the 2018 Greyt Escape. Ride stages 2 and 3, on Saturday the 16th and Sunday the 17th of June, without missing any time in the office.”
The entry fees for the two day are as follows:
- Full Solo entry: R3 800/rider (including all lunches and dinners)
- Full Team entry: R7 400/team (including all lunches and dinners)
- Solo entry: R3 350/rider (including all lunches, excluding 2 dinners)
- Team entry: R6 500/team (including all lunches, excluding 2 dinners)
- Budget solo entry: R2 000/rider (Includes Long Sleeve sweater. Excluding all meals, and rider jersey)
- Budget team entry: R3 800/team (Includes Long Sleeve sweater. Excluding all meals, and rider jersey)
3 Day entry
Entries are R4 700 per solo rider or R9 200 per team of two; for the option which includes dinners. While the non-dinner options are R4 250 for solo riders and R8 300 for teams. Entries include lunches, from Friday to Sunday, the option of dinner on Friday and Saturday nights, a Ciovita Greyt Escape cycling jersey and a Performance Brands winter warmer.
The organisers have added some more value to the event:
- All riders will receive a FREE bottle of Van Loveren wine with their Entry Package!
- Riders who entered for the BUDGET option will now also receive a FREE lunch on Saturday afternoon.
- Each rider will receive a FREE Bike Wash on Friday and Saturday.
- Helderberg Cycle World will be available at the Start/Finish venue for any mechanical assistance from Friday morning at 07h30.
To experience the trails and the winter festival atmosphere of the Greyt Escape for yourself, enter online at www.thegreytescape.co.za or contact Race Director Anneke Viljoen on 084 228 0414 or via email on moc.s1568877863trops1568877863-ydob1568877863eerf@1568877863ekenn1568877863a1568877863